Google API broke

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
fredz

Google API broke

Post by fredz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:38 am

Has anyone else had a problem with the Google API? http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilder/gmaps.htm
I know that it was working OK on Feb 8, 2007 but now no matter what zoom level I select, I get the following error message: "I'm sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region. Try zooming out for a broader look." Perhaps Google made another change to the program?? Anyway, thanks to anyone who takes a look.
Later,
Fred Z.

Fred Zealor
ICAS Air Show Announcer

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:14 am

This process is very unreliable. It is difficult to determine the cause. Right now it is not working but was ok 2 days ago. Google may be trying ways to prevent people from using their images with an API (Application Program Interfaces) since they bypass all of the commercial propaganda.

The Manifold method works (SBuilderX) but I do not know how to use the images for photo-scenery. JD Cox has a program to make a composite from the Microsoft Terraserver. However, the areas covered is quite limited but the quality is better than Google. Just have to wait for SBuilder to present a composite of the collected Google/Live images and that may have a short life.

Dick Boley near 5G8