Bridges

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
garry2006

Bridges

Post by garry2006 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:24 pm

Hi All...

Sbuilder is a FANtastic program! Been using it for a while, but I'm new to this forum.

Question about "bridges": Just recently, I was building a road and inadvertantly selected 2-Lane Dirt Bridge...loaded it up and there was a whole bunch of stepped bridges, connected. Changed it to "dirt road" and all was fine. But now I WANT to install a bridge, and no bridges are there when I go to the VTP2 Assembled. What happened? I just get "Not Available".

Thanks for any help.
Garry (garry@lewisaire.com)

scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:05 am

As far as I know it is not possible to create bridges that way - but I could be wrong [:)] I assume you are using SBuilder for FS9 and not SBuilder for FSX?

All the bridges I have created in FS9 use library object components rather than VTP lines or similar. There are a bunch of bridge object sections in the default libraries and some others made by third party designers. These could be placed using SBuilder but it is difficult to get everything accurately aligned. If you want to build bridges this way then you might want to take a look and a program called Library Object Manager which is on my site (www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk). This has a bridge building tool that takes the ramp and span elements and constructs a bridge over the distance you specify. Version 1 works with FS9 and version 2 with FSX.

Jon
http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk
http://www.fsdeveloper.com

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:08 pm

Hello Garry,

The bridge entries should still be there - numbers 1213 through 1270 at the bottom of the list.

If you still get the other line entries, then the bridges are there.

Make sure that there are only 2 points in a line used to define a bridge.

They do work fine, as you saw, but if the altitude of the two points is different, then there may very well be a stair-step effect. Call it a bug.

Best regards.

Luis

garry2006

Post by garry2006 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi Jon & Luis...thanks for the responses!

LUIS: Well, the strange thing is that I DID see them, stepped as I said...and now I can't seem to duplicate the scenario. I'll try some different things...level land, maybe. If I still can't find them, I'll grumble back on here.

Thanks Jon: Yeah, I know there are a TON of EZ bridges, and I may end up going that route. I've not been able to get your LOM running, though. The problem is <u>me</u>, not the program...I've tried several times to get it going, and always end up gettin lost. Apparently it needs other programs installed in order to work, and that's where I run off the tracks...and finally give up. Maybe I'll try it again one day...I see that zillion guys are using it, so it must be a great program.

Thanks for the help, folks...
Garry