Making a lake

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
maximil

Making a lake

Post by maximil » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi,

I followed a tutorial for making a lake.
There is a question about the altitude in meters. I am living in Belgium. In the example he set the altitude to 770.8 meter. Should it not be 770,8 meter (with a comma ?) I changed the value but no result to: there is no lake to see but elsewhere is plenty of water.
The lake is situated nearby the sea. I set the altitude the same as the airport because this lake is part of the airport.
What to do ? Should I raize the altitude ? Or... ?

Greetz. José.

APereira

Post by APereira » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:04 pm

SBuilder specifies in its setting-up instructions that the computer on which it runs must have in its regional settings the decimal indicator as "." (decimal) instead of "," All computers with a latin language (Spanish,French,Portuguese,Italian) will have the "," This change will not affect things too much...
(In Sbuilder this affects how the code runs,though I'm not sure but i think it would also affect altitude input)

So,for your scenery work,the altitude would be set as 778.0m
Just in case, I suppose to generate a lake you've defined the coast using a closed line, but have you added a tile with "water fill" to tell FS9 there should be water within the coastline?

Good luck!

Alan Pereira-Pierce
CX-NUD

maximil

Post by maximil » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:43 am

Hi,

Found out there is a measure tool in SBuilder.
Used it and it's better now, but still too large and the waterpoly is not situated correctly. Have to try untill it's OK.
There is also a problem with the addon scenery. Perhaps I should add an exclude. Hope this will not interfer with the addon scenery.

Regards. José.