Making a lake inside addon airport area

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
maximil

Making a lake inside addon airport area

Post by maximil » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi,

Can someone do the test in FS2004 and make a small lake inside an addon scenery airport ? With SBuilder205.
I can do a lake outside such addon scenery, but cannot figure out how to do it inside an airport area.
Working with the measure tool is also hard to handle.

Thanks. José.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 pm

Hello José,

Welcome to Sbuilder design! [:)]

I think that your are saying that polygons from an "addon scenery airport" allways cover (are displayed after) the "terrain polygons" (the ones that SBuilder is capable of making). If that is the case, the answer is: you can not make such lake.

Note that an "addon scenery airport" sometimes includes an airport ground base polygon (you can open an VTP BGL file starting by ABXXX.BGL to see such polygons). In this case the answer is yes provided that you respect things like VTP layer naumber, etc. But if the polygon that you want to cover (make an hole or lake on it) is a ramp (possibily made with gmax) the answer is no.

REMEMBER - for ground polygons you can use Textured Polygons (NOT VTP) which is a different tool. You can use a water texture and try to add a lake on a, say, ramp.

Good luck,

Luis

scott967

Post by scott967 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:14 pm

i assuame your addon airport area is a VTP polygon? Make sure it is set to level 7, like the default ones, and your lake LWM polygon should show through.

scott s.

maximil

Post by maximil » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Hi,

There is a polygon with grass texture, made with FSSC. Layer 8 is used. The lake has to be placed in a grass field.

Regards. José.