SBuilderX-Suggestion-Function Macros

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

SBuilderX-Suggestion-Function Macros

Post by boleyd » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:26 am

I have been setting several areas where I live with small city landclass to mark the locations of small towns. This way I can provide the actual outline of the villages which is helpful and realistic for VFR. The task has four steps:

1. Make the polygon around the town using the Google or V. Earth background. Point setting with the FSX aircraft (FSUIPC) may also be used if no image is available.

2. Select the appropriate landclass.

3. I set the transparency to see if I need adjustment.

4. Smooth the polygon to reduce the obvious geometric visual characteristics of a hand drawn outline. I would prefer a way to Alpha channel the edges within SBuilder.

If the user was able to construct a macro with these steps it would help when doing an area with many dispersed population, or other specific, areas. There may be other applications as well.

Dick Boley near 5G8

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:56 pm

Hi Dick.

I see the Copy function isn't working... that would help if you could copy/paste/move or insert points. Then a simple shape could be made as a "master" and copied to the locations you need.

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:51 am

Yes, that would be a better approach since the code construct is already known. The trick would be to include the landclass, transparency, altitude, etc. characteristics in the copy. I would be quite happy with just a plain copy. Adding the other items is relatively easy.

Luis - are you waiting for the new Microsoft update before releasing any updates? Would make sense.....

Dick Boley near 5G8