Exclude Objects??

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

Exclude Objects??

Post by boleyd » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:10 pm

Probably a dumb question---- How do I exclude objects in FSX with SBuilder? There are many exclude functions but none seem to remove ob objects such as Microsoft's hanger and buildings at and near airports???

Dick Boley near 5G8

José

Post by José » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:55 am

Hi, Dick

The polygons' kinds generated by SbuilderX cannot exclude library objects.

You need to create one exclusion rectangle covering the object that you no longer want.

I never tested that, but as SBuilderX can export the polygon's coordinates, probably you can use that information to make your exclusion retangle.

But remember this XML Code should be inserted in the Airport Section and compiled with bglcomp, not in a SbuilderX project.

You need only two points (a rectangle): first corner should be North/West and the second corner, South/East.

I think Luis will insert that function later since it's available in Suilder for FS9.

Regards,

José

J.F.Lôbo

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:48 am

Thanks - I did the rectangle exclude and it worked as you said. I put the BGL in a folder along with Sbuilder "polygon" type excludes to provide for easier cataloging. Seemed to work ok. I used the option to delete all of objects with one command to eliminate all of them from photo scenery. A nice function would be to be able to graphically grab existing Microsoft objects and align them to the background. Saves excluding and reinserting similar objects at their photo correct positions. Anxious for the next release of SBuilder.

Dick Boley near 5G8