Unfortunately I still have problems. My laptop where I probably have all the setups programmes was put aside almost 8 years now. I got it but it does not load Windows XP. Tried to load in Safe mode but key "u" that I need to enter my old password to login does not work!
. May be tomorrow I will open it and get the hard disk to read on my present computer. And I am not sure if I will found what I need as I have a copy of its contents on my present PC (my hope is that I made a bad backup).
The situation is this:
1) I have the pack of files that you can download which I call PTT_ONLINE. Inside this pack there is a setup called FreeSetup.exe for which I have the source code (and so I can correct what is needed). This pack is from 26th February 2005.
2) I have a copy of the CD where files are dated 15th Sept 2005. I will call this pack PTT_CD. These files are the ones I should use, as from February to September there were some patches (may be the Mondego patch was already fixed, I do not remember). I will call the setup in this package SetupCD.exe for which I only have the executable (not the source code).
3) Running SetupCD.exe I get the original BGLs. But it is not sufficient to replace the BGLs in PTT_ONLINE with the ones generated by SetupCD.exe for many reasons. May be you can help to sort this out as I do not have a running copy of FS9 and I even do not remember well how sceneries are installed in FS9.
4) In PTT_CD/bgl1 I only have 433 files (434 in PTT_ONLINE) since TEJO_0EX.BGL does not exist. I will assume that whatever this missing file was supposed to do, has been taken care of by some other file.
5) 430 of these files go to the main Scenery folder of PTT as explained in section 4 of the manual. The remaining 3 files called AP945170_X.BGL AP945180_X.BGL and AP946170_X.BGL go to the .../Eurw/Scenery after the original AP945170.BGL AP945180.BGL and AP946170.BGL were renamed to PTS.
6) FreeSetu.exe just places all the 434 files in the Scenery folder of PTT. I can correct this!
7) The folders bgl2 and bgl3 are placed correctly by FreeSetup.exe. I only need to change the names of the folders generated by FreeSetup.exe (Landclass and CustomLand) to the names that appear in the PDF manual.
FreeSetup.exe copies the 615 photo tiles in folder bmp2 to a Texture folder that it wrongly creates below the Lanclass folder! These 615 bitmaps should go to the standard FS9 .../Scenery/World/Texture. I need to correct this taking into account that it should remove these files from that default folder (instead of deleting the ones in the wrong local folder)
9) The bmp1 and bmp2 are placed (and uninstalled) correctly by FreeSetup.exe
10) There is a possibilty that renaming BGL to PTS and then PTS to BGL the original AP945170.BGL AP945180.BGL and AP946170.BGL would be lost. Although the new ones have altitude of some small aerodromes corrected and so they could be left there, I will change that by creating a new folder bgl4 where I will place the corrected AP945170_X.BGL AP945180_X.BGL and AP946170_X.BGL and the original AP945170.BGL AP945180.BGL and AP946170.BGL. I have not done that in 2005 because I could be infringing copyright but now I think no one will matter.
CONCLUSION: please wait until I correct all those things (and correct me if I am making a mistake). It would be useful for me to have:
- the 3 default APxxxxxx files (I lost them when experimenting with installing/uninstalling and may be I need to find the FS9 discs
- a 16 character code used by you (I think that once you generate a 16 character code SetupCD.exe will take it and will not confirm if it refers to the particular machine you are running). That is to have an option B which would be to release the PTT_CD pack with a 16 character code!
If you are kind to send me those files and code, please do it privately!