Island in a Lake, inland

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
JoeW

Island in a Lake, inland

Post by JoeW » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:08 pm

I have several lakes that I have placed with SBuilderX in FSX and one of those has an island. I can not get this island to show. I have made it a "Hole", I have assigned a landclass but it still refuses to show. I even made it a hole without landclass or a polygon with landclass.
How can I cut an island in that lake?
Thanks
Joe W.

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Joe.

Use the polygon's properties ( General tab ) and adjust the drawing order so your innermost poly is drawn last. I don't think you need to worry about holes then.

Dick

slox

Post by slox » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:03 pm

For inland lakes I'm using a somewhat different approach, so this file:http://beli-orel.dyndns.org/fsx/lake.zip, gives this result:

To view *.kml file use Google Earth, to compile *.kml files use kml programme available at Fsdeveloper.com

Good luck

JoeW

Post by JoeW » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:23 pm

Thanks Guys... After I posted that I remembered a paper on doing just that. I got Luis's and didn't find it. I found the "Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X" and that was it.
What I wasn't doing was clicking on the parent water polygon. I did try both suggestions and did it that way.
In the process of doing this, I discovered that we need a way to turn off the landclass to edit it with the Background files.
Again ..... Thanks
Joe W.