Photo map is not compiled

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
cyana

Photo map is not compiled

Post by cyana » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:15 pm

Dear all,

I've generated a photorealistic map from my home town and calibrated it with SBuilderX (around QMID 17). It shows up perfectly in SBuilderX on the right place and right size. I followed the instructions to compile a custom scenery map with SBuilderY, however nothing happens besides a short flickering when the BGLCompiler is opened. No BGL file is generate3d, also no error message shows up. The map name starts with 'Photo' as required. It seems I'm missing something obvious ?

Also, for testing purpose I placed 2 objects onto the map, one from the FSX library and one custom made object. The first one comes up perfectly in FSX, the second one shows up in SBuilderX (however with a wrong scale), but does not show up in FSX after the compilation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

many thanks
greetings
Cyana

cyana

Post by cyana » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:15 pm

still no joy ... anybody out there ?

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:58 pm

Hello,

Is the map selected? Is the missing object selected? Only selected items go to the compilation queue.

For a map to be selected you need to use the Window pointer tool or to click on the mp border. When selected the border shows in green.

If the above is fine, then go to the TOOLS/WORK folder and copy the INF file and paste it here so that we (others users) can give advice.

Regards, Luis

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:58 pm

Hello,

Is the map selected? Is the missing object selected? Only selected items go to the compilation queue.

For a map to be selected you need to use the Window pointer tool or to click on the mp border. When selected the border shows in green.

If the above is fine, then go to the TOOLS/WORK folder and copy the INF file and paste it here so that we (others users) can give advice.

Regards, Luis

cyana

Post by cyana » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:58 am

Dear Luis,

thank you very much for your reply ! Yes, the map is selected, and pressing the Compile button brings up the dialog with 'Photo Scenery' preselected.

this is the .inf for the photo map:

[Source]
Type = BMP
Layer = Imagery
SourceDir = "."
SourceFile = "StJohannCen.bmp"
Variation = All
NullValue = 255,255,255
SamplingMethod = Gaussian
ulyMap = 47.3648149444444
ulxMap = 13.1836033888889
xDim = 1.40624958884287E-05
yDim = 9.56330277004097E-06

[Destination]
DestDir = "."
DestBaseFileName = "PhotoStJohann"
DestFileType = BGL
LOD = Auto
UseSourceDimensions = 1
CompressionQuality = 100

again, thank you very much for your help
best greetings
Cyana

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:00 am

Hello,

Please see the window for map properties. It says that a map will only be taken for compilation if its name starts with "map???" . Please check. You need to rename your StJohannCen.bmp file!

Regards,

Luis

cleobis

Post by cleobis » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi, since it appears, that this section of the forum is the only one which gets any attention I'll ask it here:

Could you go and check the ptterrain suport section of the forum? I have a post there that you didn't answer...even to just say no...also, I sent an email to you, did you get it? I sent it through your profile contact, is that the right one?

Thks and hope to hear from you soon :)

Best regards

cleobis

Post by cleobis » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:32 pm

oh and cyana, sorry for using your post to ask this, but no one goes to the other section...and I do need an answer...hope it's all right[:)]

cyana

Post by cyana » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:33 am

Dear Luis,

again, thank you very much for your reply. I've changed the name of the map to mapStJohannCen.bmp and introduced it to Xbuilder again. However, still no success.

But I tried to resample directly by taking the inf file XBuilder generated and dropping it onto resample.exe - and surprisingly it generated a bgl that is perfectly in place in the scenery. Not sure if this is the way XBuilder is intended to work to ? Could there be a path problem (object however are compiled correct) ?

best greetings
Cyana

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:35 am

Hello,

Please check if resample exists in the TOOLS folder of SBuilderX?

It should be automatically copied into this folder when SBX installs.

Luis

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:38 am

Hello Cleobis,

Portugal Terrain mesh is OK in FSX. The other items need adjustments and I am not planing to do it unless I receive help from a SBuilderX interested in working in Portugal Terrain.

Sorry if this is not what you expected,

Luis

cyana

Post by cyana » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:00 pm

Dear Luis,

thank you for your reply. Yes, resample.exe shows up in the tools folder correct.

Is there maybe a certain place where the mapStJohannCen.bmp is expected to be ? At the moment, I have it in MyPictures folder.

best greetings and thank you
Cyana

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:39 am

Hello,

I am very sorry [:I]! The map should start with the word Photo not Map!!! Please see this:

<font color="red">Note that SBuilder X will give the Map a name that begins with "Photo". This is the name that will be given to the final bgl. You can change the name of the Map to anything that you wish, but it must start with "Photo" so that SBuilder X can recognize it as a source for custom ground. Once the bgl has been created, you can change its name.</font id="red">

which I extracted from Luis Tirado tutorial available at:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1060

Please read the tutorial carefully!

Regards,

Luis