SBuilder Preferences Menu

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
NinpoFox

SBuilder Preferences Menu

Post by NinpoFox » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:29 am

Hello All,

I'm new to SBuilderX and so far I love it. I have a question on the the SBuilder Preferences menu. Is it possible to add Google Satellite Image 2v to the menu? If not, is it possible to revert back to the old SBuilder Preferences menu (I believe it was possible to pull images from a cache file)?

I know I could add the maps one at a time from the cache folder, but that would be very time consuming.

I have a preference for Google Satellite Image 2v due to the higher quality images with more coverage and more reliable service.

Thank you,

Bob

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:28 am

Hi,

You can write your own tile server. Source code is available in this forum.

Kind Regards,

Luis

NinpoFox

Post by NinpoFox » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:54 am

Hello Luis Sa,

Thank you for responding. I have been reading through the posts in this forum and at FSDeveloper, but I haven't been able to figure out how to implement a new tile server.

Thanks again,

Bob

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:57 pm

Hello

If you have the VB Express edition from Microsoft (free) you get the source code for the existing tile servers and write your own. Please see the end of this post:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1053

Regards,

Luis

NinpoFox

Post by NinpoFox » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:18 am

Hello Luis Sa,

I have downloaded the latest version of VB Express (VB 2008 Express Edition) and read through the post you listed. I have scanned through the files in both TileServerPack and TileServerPackSource but I have not been able to find any blocks of code that begin with Public Interface IServer and end with End Interface. I have also been looking at the existing files to see where I would enter the strings or values for the tile server I wish to use, but can not find anything. Please forgive as I am not a programmer and have never used VB before. I may be in over my head.

Could you guide me to the name of an existing file with the area where this block of code would be located?

Thank you,

Bob Fox

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:50 am

Hi,

Please write me privately about this,

Regards, Luis