How to exclude autogen trees in FSX?

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
markself

How to exclude autogen trees in FSX?

Post by markself » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:24 am

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"><font color="black">Hi all:
This is my very first post in this forum. If the questions that I ask have been asked before please forgive.
I've created a few airports in FS9 using AFCAD (For the airstip)and some flatten and exclude statements in the "Scenery.cfg". I thought this was relatively easy to do. It seems FSX scenery is a bit more complicated.
In FSX I have created a RW airstrip that is not modeled in FSX. I used Google Earth to locate the RW airstrip, so I could get it's actual heading and location. Unfortunately in this area (Isle of Skye, UK) Google Earth only goes to LOD 13. This is just enough to see a very blurry airstip.
I created the airstrip with AFCAD. I placed some objects (3 buildings, 3 pickups, 1 aircraft, 1 helipad, 1 fuel pump with trigger and some barrels.
I can't figure out how to exclude the autogen trees in the airstrip. I've been unable to find a tutorial that explainss how to do this. It would seem that this would be the most basic action that a scenery builder would need to know. My question:

1. Is SbuilderX V3.10 the correct tool to accomplish this exclde action?
2. If it is, can someone either point me to a tutorial that will show me how to do this?
3. Or explain how to do this?
4 If SBuilderX is not the correct tool for this, what is?

Again, I want to apologize if this is an old topic. I am an absolute Noob at scenry design.
Thanks in advance.</font id="black"></font id="size3"></font id="Comic Sans MS">

Who needs wings?

bluediamond

Post by bluediamond » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Here's a couple excellent tutorials that I have found that I think will help you out.

1.Tutorial: Introduction to SBuilderX. http://mysite.verizon.net/tdgsr/downloa ... ial_v1.zip

2.Tutorial: Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X.http://mysite.verizon.net/tdgsr/downloa ... ator_x.zip

Michael