New Photo Scenery Instructions?

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Adino

Post by Adino » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:05 am

I figure it out....the executable should be post in the root folder of SbuilderX, it works like charm! Thank you so much Luis![:D][:D]

(I still would like to see some type of restriction in this tool to avoid public abuse of the servers....)[;)]

thx.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Hello,

There is the restriction that the number of tiles is limited to 20,000 (equivalent to a 2GB 32-bit bitmap image).

If you increase the Zoom you will see that it gets limited when you exceed that number of tiles.

Regards,

Luis

toelg

Post by toelg » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi Luis,

thank's for Your new tool "GetBackground.exe" ! I just tried it for
6,50-7,00 E and 51,00-51,50 N and everthing worked well (at Zoom 15); soon I had the complete .jpeg's at my SBX/Tiles/VES Satelite - Folder. Thanks, great .. ! [:)]

But how can I continue to compile the tiles to .bgl's at this way ?
I'm still only able, to compile them directly from background (as I wrote in my last post). I assumed, that it would be possible to compile the tiles to .bgl's at the same way (by predefined areas).

It seems, I do (or understood) something wrong [8)] [?]

Kind Regards
Dietmar

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:30 am

Hi Dietmar,

Note that it is available (see this thread) a version of SBuilderX that can add a map from background (File menu!) that allows an extra level of Zoom that corresponds to 112 x 80 tiles = 8,960 tiles.

So you should:

a) make sure that the tiles exist (using the new tool)

b) use the Add Map From Background with the "new" SBuilderX (note that you need a big system RAM).

Hope you are following me,

Regards,

Luis

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Not sure if I am doing the correct procedure. I zoom to level 10 in SBX. I use this view to get the lat/lon extents to enter into Get Background. I set the Getbackground zoom to 12 and load the tiles ok. I then go to Add Map in SBX and use the zoom 12 level to create a new map. However, the map only shows the original zoom 10 area with the remainder white. The picture is below.

Regards,
Dick near 5G8

Dick Boley near 5G8

toelg

Post by toelg » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi Luis,

it seems, that I have problems by viewing the map. I have installed Your new files, and BorderON=True at the ini. What I would like to see, is this (copied from the "FsDeveloper-Forum" by "bertvk") :

The trouble begins with "Open Project"; after selecting the .SBP file appears this :

I have this default values :

As I changed to this :

After opening again the .SBP-project, it appears this; and I have no idea, what it means :

Do You have an idea, what's going wrong at my system ?

Kind Regards
Dietmar

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:12 am

Hi Dick,

The small tool downloads tiles that belong to the rectangle specified by the borders lat/lon AT THE SPECIFIED ZOOM.

Hi Dietmar,

You do not say what was inside the project! Export it and read! Then tell me the properties of the maps that reside there (I mean size).

Kind Regards,

Luis

toelg

Post by toelg » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi Luis,

yes, the project (SBP)-file was the cause of my trouble ! I have exported, as You said, and I could read the SBX-text. But not the size was the cause; as I startet again and again SBuilderX, I had deleted in the meantime the .bmp-file, which was used by the .SBP-map .... [|)] !!!

Now I have startet a new project, and I even found the edge of the map, to open the "Properties" by right mouse-click.

Thank's for your patience !

Dietmar