Image and Map errors - new photo process

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
boleyd

Image and Map errors - new photo process

Post by boleyd » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Using the new photo process I sometimes receive a Cannot Create Image error when doing an Add Map function - original 12 Get Background loaded 14. The if I try again it tells me that maps cannot be displayed. This seems to require restarting SBX and reloading tiles via Get Background. Are these real errors and is there any way to stay in SBX and view maps after they happen?

Dick Boley near 5G8

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 pm

Hello Dick,

That error (can not display this map) happens in the Map Display routine. It is a general error, eg, if anything goes wrong the message is displayed and the map is ignored. So I have no tip about what is the problem. I put that error message as an alternative to SBuilder to crash.

Just now I created a dummy bitmap with the size of about 400MB and created an empty project and added that map from the disk. It was OK. May be if I created a bigger map I could get an error. Or maybe if the image format was different (in my case was an 8-bit palette bitmap) I could get an error.

Therefore if you can describe a situation in simple terms but 100% precise that I can reproduce at this end, I could see if anything could be done to avoid the problem.

Kind Regards,

Luis