night lighting

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
xhenry

night lighting

Post by xhenry » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi All!

Its been a while since my last visit here... my US project has grown so much since then, but now I've come to a snafu...

All the photo scenery so far is daytime. I have created a few night ones as well, but it is a long and tedious task...

So I was wondering, is there any way that I can have the default night lighting show up when the sun goes down, and when the sun comes up, it switches back to photo scenery? I have tried the "day" swith in the inf file but it seems as though the daytime scenery still shows up at night anyway...

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Xavier

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:42 am

The night lighting is built into the basic Microsoft landclass textures/tiles. I do not believe that either seasons or night lights can be added to photo-scenery without considerable effort.

Just a guess. There are real experts around to clarify.

Dick Boley near 5G8

xhenry

Post by xhenry » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:07 am

thanks for the response man, even though I was hoping for better news :-D

I have manually made night lighting for a few areas of photo scenery and cringe at the thought of having to do seasons as well...

Oh well I guess winter break is going to be pretty interesting lol

Xavier