SP2 and SBX=problem - SDK/SP2

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
boleyd

SP2 and SBX=problem - SDK/SP2

Post by boleyd » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:50 am

I have only tried one new project with SBX and FSX/SB2 installed. I did an AB Exclude Autogen with a greass airport background polygon and an Exclude Airport Boundry polygon. Using the aitogrn exclude causes the runout areas on each end of the runway to assume a mesh following status. Autogen is not excluded from these areas. I deleted SP2 and the issues disappeared. I suspect the lack of the new SP2 SDK which is to be forthcoming.

Dick Boley near 5G8

PakMac

Post by PakMac » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi Dick,

Just to let you know that SP2 SDK is on FSInsider.

Seasons Greetings
David

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:04 pm

Yep, got the SDK2. There may be fundamental problems that arise from the announcement that Microsoft has discontinued any further fixes or development on FSX. The larger issue that they vreated is that they have "tightened" the rules so that some previous elements will no longer work. This was probably done to accomadate the fixes and updates in SP2 and they had no other choice if SP2 was to have any real function. I now wonder if some of the legacy functions listed in SBX may not work or could cause problems in areas not directly related to the function?

As an example Instant Scenery (Flight1) would not work after SP2 until a patch was released. I had issues with the menus,as did others, in full screen mode. After going down a false trail of nVidia drivers the culprit was FRAPS (fps counter) which has worked for years. The point is that the fault gave no clue toward FRAPS. Thus we may see further issues and have difficulty pin-pointing the source.

Dick Boley near 5G8