original thread at FSDeveloper

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
bertvk

original thread at FSDeveloper

Post by bertvk » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Luis_Sá View Post
Hi Bert,
Thanks for confirming that there are no problem with overlaps. Further on this, I wonder what would happen when the images are different. Which one would FSX take in regions of overlap? I read about this but I do not quite remember the conclusion. I would be interested to know if I could make a very big region in medium resolution (say the old 4,8m/pixel) and, in regions where there is an airport nearby, if I could use an higher and more detailed resolution?
Kind Regards,
Luis

ps: by the way, I made a small Tile Downloader that could be useful if you are working on such large regions. Please aee here:
http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1218

Hi Luis,
I have now used a Lod13 texture overlapped with a Lod16 texture nearby my airport and flying over it FSX took the highest resolution without any problem.
The use of the small Tile Downloader i will report later!
I had no errorreport, but it kept on running, so i have to deal with that again.
Bye for now.
Bert

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Hello,

Thank you for clarifyinf this question. I do not understand the exact problem that you get with the Tile Downloader. Could you elaborate a bit further?

Kind Regards,

Luis

bertvk

Post by bertvk » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:24 pm

hi Luis,
Your small tile Downloader is working very well; it was my mistake the last time...
I didn't fillin the data in the right way.

Thanks for all your work and help.
kind Regards
Bert