install issues with Sbuilderx

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
thomsonf

install issues with Sbuilderx

Post by thomsonf » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:24 pm

when i try and install sbuilderx it installs ok, but when i go to open it it tells me acess denied/ could find file ect with a yes or no answer which ever one i select it closes it down. MySDKS are located Microsoft Games/Flight simx/ Flightsimx SDKS ?

am i doing somthing rong ?

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:50 pm

Hello,

If you are using Vista, I can not help (because I do not use Vista). There are some posts here that address the problem.

If you are using XP then you probably moved FSX manually after its normal install. Please see this:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TO ... hichpage=3

If that is the case you need: (a) reinstall FSX and not changing its location afterwards or (b) create the entries in the Registry so that SbuilderX will not comply!

Regards,

Luis Sá

Dale_Reitz

Post by Dale_Reitz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:37 pm

My default install of FS10 went to:
E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

Your program looks for it at:
FSPath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\<b>10.0</b>", "SetupPath", Nothing)

So how can I get SBUILDER to look in X not 10.0

Thanks,
Dale Reitz

jasons

Post by jasons » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:49 pm

[quote
So how can I get SBUILDER to look in X not 10.0
[/quote]

Dale, the path mentioned above is the just the location in the Windows registry. The file path specified in the <b>SetupPath</b> string is actually where sBuilder looks to find your FSX and FSK SDK paths.

This post explains this fairly well. It references a 64-bit install problem but the section in <b>BOLD</b> regarding the registry should help to explin where sBuilder looks to find FSX and the SDK.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpo ... ostcount=3

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Hello,

Thank for this link. I will revise this problem in the next release.

Luis