FSX not found by SBuilder 3.10

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Bill Womack

FSX not found by SBuilder 3.10

Post by Bill Womack » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:56 pm

I've just installed FSX and SBuilder 3.10 on a new system, and I get an error whenever I start SBuilder now. It says:

"The Windows resitry indicates that FSX is in the folder:

E:\FSX

but SBuilder could not find it there!

That is indeed where my FSX is installed, and the fsx.exe resides in that folder. Will this be a problem when attempting to create scenery, or should I click "OK" and ignore this error?

thanks,
Bill Womack

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:17 am

Hello,

Please read these:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1113

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1193

I hope you can get an idea of what is happening,

Kind Regards,

Luis

Bill Womack

Post by Bill Womack » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi Luis,

Sorry, some other things got in the way of my scenery design, but I'm back now. The problem with the FSX.exe not being found persists in my SBuilder. I've checked my registry for the path to the SetupFile, and it is indeed in the registry, and points to the correct path. However, SBuilder still notifies me that it can't find FSX every time it starts. I'd like to get this fixed, but I'm not sure what else can be done. Can you think of any reason why it would still fail to find FSX if the SetupPath is correct, and the terrain.cfg and scenery.cfg files are in that path?

thanks,
Bill

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:31 am

Hello Bill,

I assume that you use Windows XP. If the problem is Vista related I only can suggest that you read some posts made here about to overcome problems that may arise.

In some cases a final missing \ in the FSPath can cause the problem. In fact I have in this precise moment reread the topics that I indicate to you and I am convinced that there is a bug in what is in there. Please add a \ if the path does not terminate with such.

Kind Regards,

Luis

Bill Womack

Post by Bill Womack » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:32 am

Genius! Thank you, Luis. Adding a trailing slash to the path name fixed the problem.