Display problem in FSX

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
vfrpilot

Display problem in FSX

Post by vfrpilot » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:54 am

I am a new user of SBuilderX and have run into a problem of how my images display in FSX.

Attached are before and after images that vividly demonstrate what is occuring. The images look fine in SBuilderX but after they have been compiled and copied to FSX they look like you are looking down through a smoke layer. We have had some extensive smoke from wildfires out here in CA but it hasn't shown up in googles images yet.

This problem occurrs no matter what the image source is, stock or enhanced, with or without the Blend Mask, my system or someone else's; It doesn't make any difference, I still have a dirty photorealistc image after I compile my file and send the BGL file off to FSX.

Any help or suggestions anyone might help would be greatly appreaciated. I would like to be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor as I fly around the Pacific Northwest and look at the beautiful views as they appear in real life.

Thanks, :?

Lou
Attachments
FSX Photoreal scenery.jpg
FSX screenshot
FSX Photoreal scenery.jpg (133.95 KiB) Viewed 7992 times
PHOTO_FOT_SCENERY_2 comp.jpg
Google image (enhanced)
PHOTO_FOT_SCENERY_2 comp.jpg (43.39 KiB) Viewed 7992 times

rhumbaflappy

Re: Display problem in FSX

Post by rhumbaflappy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi Luo.

I would look at the BMP(s) in the SBuilderx/Work folder and see just what the image quality there is like.

Then, I look at the BGL with TMFViewer, and see if the image quality is similar, and TMFViewer can also show the individual LOD levels resampled ( menu... View / Level of Detail ).

You also need to compare apples to apples. A zoomed-out view in Google, may very well have a less "atmospheric" image.. and that image is not the same as the zoomed-in google image. And what you are compiling is the zoomed-in image for all LOD levels.

It is possible to compile a separate BGL for each LOD level, each using it's own image, but this would involve something not possible entirely within SBuilderX. You would need to study the SDKs and learn to build INF files for drag'n'drop onto resample.

Dick
Dick