What Happened to Googles Satelite tile server

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
meshman

Re: What Happened to Googles Satelite tile server

Post by meshman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Google changed some stuff, so the old .DLL file doesn't work. But if you browse back through the postings you'll find a new and improved .DLL file that was made.
Lance

meshman

Post by meshman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:16 pm

GE is famous for throttling back images after a period of time, so I tend to use one of the others. If I know I need a GE background I will get to the location, zoom in to an acceptable level and then switch to GE. The Ask server will do much the same as GE, but not as bad. I've found Virtual Earth to be the best source overall, for what I do.
Lance

hcornea

Post by hcornea » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:24 am

It seems that the GS server is not accessible at the moment ... for a number of us, independent of computer location or IP address.

I presume Google have altered something somewhere.

Perhaps we will need a new dll to get things going again.

wantok

Post by wantok » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 am

It seems that Google have changed their URL format for satellite imagery again...

Looking at requests from Google Maps for satellite imagery today, it's using this:

http://khm2.google.com/kh?v=33&hl=en&x= ... &s=Galileo

Still khm0..3 servers but /khm seems to have changed to /kh (though that may have been previously used too). The main changes seems to be with the argument names.

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:31 am

Hi all.

It looks to me that Google has upped it's security requirements with a Captcha system, and that is stopping SBuilder from using it.

Shame.

Dick
Dick