SBX not starting

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Simtech

SBX not starting

Post by Simtech » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi,

I have installed SBX on Vista32 with FSX but when I try to launch the program I get the first "you must wait several minutes" , click OK and then get Exception caught globally: A generic error occoured in GDI+. followed by about 20 lines of incomprehensible (to me) stuff.

Little advice :?:

How do I upload an image of the error??

valkarr

Re: SBX not starting

Post by valkarr » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:29 pm

I had the same problem (Vista 32) and did lots of reading not getting the right answer, which is permissions, permissions, permissions. Install as it defaults into Program Files, then go to the individual SBuilder folders and share them out, but remember you must do this TWICE. First under "Share" then under "Security." It is time consuming, but you can do it all in about 20 minutes (when you get the hang of it) until User has full access. It's tricky. Eventually when you have knocked down all the barriers it will run. As the error messages change you will know you are homing in on the fix.