photoscenery from image backgrounds

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
l52

photoscenery from image backgrounds

Post by l52 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi all....and first of all.... Happy new hear! :)

I'm new user about SbulderX and Annotator tool ...

I have some problems about SBuilderX use...and the annotator too ... :oops:

The first is:

I like to take a Photo from image backgrounds from SbuilderX ...my prolem is: How can I save it in tiff format or Jpeg the image so that I can load it into the annotator tool to change the little urban area texture?

The second:

How can I exclude the boundary area of the airport to remake it completely ... I want to make to disappear the whole autogen (trees, airport structures, urban areas etc.) ...which type of exclude I have use?.... have I set altitude for every polygons of exclude?

Thanks (excuse me for my English) :cry:

Lucio

meshman

Re: photoscenery from image backgrounds

Post by meshman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:33 pm

1. SBuilderX saves it's maps or background images in the .BMP format and all you need is a utility that converts to a format more to your and the SDKs' liking. To change formats I use Irfanview; http://www.irfanview.com/

2. I recommend the tutorials by Luis Feliz-Tirado, available at Avsim, as an excellent introduction to scenery design in FSX. Luis covers general scenery work and how to accomplish that utilizing SBuilderX.
Lance