Some questions about Photoscenery

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
tcarmona

Some questions about Photoscenery

Post by tcarmona » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Luis,

I have some questions about SBuilderx. I've made some nice islands with the tutorial but when I arrive to the main land I got some issues:
I was able to add an aerial photograh with the SbuilderX to the scenery, its in the right position, but is a square, is illuminated at night and with no autgen.

- How do I remove the "night" from a photo scenery, is not a city is a forest? (it's illuminated at night...something wrong I made?)
- How do I add autogen to a photo scenery?
- How do I make a "irregular border" to photo scenery? (not the default square)

Thanks

Antonio Carmona
Lisboa
Portugal

Luis Sa

Re: Some questions about Photoscenery

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Hello Antonio,

Please try to add a night texture. When you access the properties of a "photo map" you can go to the seasonal properties of the map. There you can specify a night texture. You could prepare a night texture taking the daylight one and darken it with a image tool.

You can use a blend mask to avoid the squareness that you refer to. Search the forum or see a a tutorial.

In relation to autogen you need to use the anotator tool that comes with the SDK and you can add specific autogen to your photo scenery.

Regards,

Luis