Polygon hierarchy ?

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
cyana

Polygon hierarchy ?

Post by cyana » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:49 am

Dear all,

there appears to be a hierarchy when polygons are stacked over another or overlap (?) depending on the used texture. I'm trying to place a City Park polygon over a LandClassPoly_Large_City_Urban_Non_Grid_Wet polygon, however it does not show up in the scenery within FSX. Do I miss something obvious ?

greetings and thanks
Cyana

Luis Sa

Re: Polygon hierarchy ?

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:38 am

Hello,

May be someone confirms this - I suspect that the order is not controllable. I assume you changed the order of the polygons. You could try to make different BGLs for each type and give them names with a certain alphabetical order. Will it result? I do not know.

Regards, Luis

cyana

Re: Polygon hierarchy ?

Post by cyana » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Hello Luis,

tried all your suggestions to no avail and did web investigations on this - it seems that your suspicion is right, you cannot influence the stack order of polygons other than by their texture value. As workaround I'm using 'PolygonHole' classes of polygons, this works well.

best greetings and thanks
Cyana