Vista 64 bit

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
lgordonj

Vista 64 bit

Post by lgordonj » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:04 pm

SB 310 will not open/load .... error message attached ... Thnaks Lon G
Attachments
SBuilder error.jpg

rhumbaflappy

Re: Vista 64 bit

Post by rhumbaflappy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi Lon.

I think the easiest way to fix this is to uninstall SBuilderX, and then install it to a different folder location.

Many Vista users have administration issues when using "Program Files" as a folder. This is the preferred location for WindowsXP... but Microsoft decided to change the rules and mess up everyone with the Vista operating system. In Vista, Program Files is a protected folder designed to be used for Microsoft programs.

My recommendation is to create a folder "C:\FSDesignTools" and use that as the root for all your tools to be used with FSX or FS2004.

Additionally, please read this thread to solve another problem that will cause you grief:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1624

Luis is working on an update of SBuilderX that will not require any special corflags adjustments running on a 64-bit system. Again, this was not Luis' fault, but rather caused by the .NET framework's inability to automatically detect if a program is 32 or 64 bit... a rather basic ability overlooked by Microsoft, and now causing all kinds of problems for endusrers of all .Net programs around the world.

Dick
Dick

lgordonj

Post by lgordonj » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey Dick,

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I install SB into an unique folder it produces an error message “FSX is not installed on this computer“ followed by other error messages. If I just install SB into the root folder C:\ it produces the same error message as in my original post.

When Vista 64 is installed it creates two Program folders. Program Files and Program Files (x86). FSX, the SDK and SB are automatically installed into Program Files (x86).

If you have other thoughts I will give them a try.

Thanks Lon G

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:21 am

Hi Lon.

Look at this thread at FSDeveloper:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9971

It seems SBuilderX cannot locate FSX, and this thread contains a cure for that. I still believe Vista's Program Files folders are quite restrictive as far as administrative rights. There has been much discussion about this and other programs over the past couple of years.

Dick
Dick

lgordonj

Post by lgordonj » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:35 am

Hey Dick,

Agn, Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to throw in the towel on this one. Just too many open ends with Vista. In fact, if Vista 64 had not come pre-installed on this machine I would not be using it. One of these days, I just may take the time to put XP on it. It sure would be nice to get paid for all the time spent over the years fixing the MS chit. LOL

For the little bit I do these days I can use G2K4 in COF and bring it over to FSX.

Agn, many thanks for UR efforts,

Lon G

goodwill221

Post by goodwill221 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:32 pm

In my system has 4GBram I have installed vista home primium 64 bit , but the system showing only 2 GB memory, any one know the solution