How to create a large area photo scenery

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
leemer

How to create a large area photo scenery

Post by leemer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:39 am

I can not figure out a easy way of creating a large photo scenery of about 25 nm square miles. Is there any easy way of doing this or some easy way of combining smaller sections together, I tried to figure out how to do the small sections but, i could not figure how to line it up correctly. Also I can not access the photo properties menu for some reason as well.

Luis Sa

Re: How to create a large area photo scenery

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi,

You should be able to access the beta now. Post there any doubt about this matter.

Best Regards, Luis

a3zani

Post by a3zani » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi,
I used 310 to create many a scenery of southern Africa. Painstakingly.
It is vast. I had to pan, zoom in and out to download - because a pan only - did not download most of the tiles.
Eventually I waited for a new version of SbuilderX - and 313 arrived.
Much better features 8) , but it seems to make a mockery out my computer, With my tong in the cheek I have to say that -
it treats my computer almost as a "calculator" in stead of a Quad processor with vasts amounts of ram and a terrabyte of HD space. Where can I change the settings to be able to download higher zoom tiles [ with "add map from background "] at a lower zoomed "View background" ? Sometimes it is willing to download only a zoom of say a 150 @16x, other times even 1500! I even got a 2055... Once only ... How do I control this? :?:
Why do I get so many " Could not make an image" messages?

Even better, I want to to be able to have "GetTiles.exe" to download a Large area, say X8area @ X16 zoom maps, then go do something else while it downloads. But it restricts me to a certain amount of zoom for a given area. It is not worthwhile at all ... How can I change that?

I am so frustrated... but this is the best program... I need to get it to work.

a3zani

Post by a3zani » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:16 am

Maybe I need to explain that I am an artist and numbers makes me terrified. Therefore, to do an excellent job,
I need to be bothered less by numbers. If I can use GetTiles.exe for instance using very rounded coordinates on very high zoomfactor , downloading on its own while I work on the things I am talented for, it would be just great. Even If I need to make sure every tile is downloaded a few times.

Thanks Luis, your program is the only program that caters for the "right brain dominant" person - it is more intuitive than any other program of this nature I know. But we still need some extra help here.

A suggestion on the interface: The "show background" and "add map from background is to far from each other in the interface. It may be logical, but it is not so practical.

PS: My video card is a Nvidea GeForce 7900.

a3zani

Post by a3zani » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:42 am

Under SBuilderX Preferences I cannot find an explanation of the option "Undo/Redo" there anywhere.
What does it undo and redo?
PS: I do not want the tiles I have deleted at all. If there is faulty tiles, I delete them myself.

The directory structure of the tiles, is this a fixed form?, would the same tile go there in the same place
when I delete a faulty one? Would the program be able to see if one is missing? [I presume so - I need to be SURE]