Luis...Help!!!!Can´t make Island

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
gera

Luis...Help!!!!Can´t make Island

Post by gera » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Hola Luis...

I have tried, following your instructions in FSdeveloper, to make an island but no way I can get the darn island to appear, everything else in SBuilder works like a charm.....I guess I am an absolute dum or I am brainless but I am beginning to go crazy trying to get my "skull island" to place Dr. Mortuary´s evil empire in there......could you please give me a 1,2,3 step by step maybe just maybe this time I will become victorious in this quest of mine........of course anyone who also wants to instruct me is welcomed.........I need my island so bad my cat is dying seeing me how my health is deteriorating due to this mishap!!!!!!.........Mil gracias Luis por tu paciencia.......Oh great for the new version will try it tonight, thank you amigo......

Gera or solid......or " the guy without an island".....
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Luis Sa

Re: Luis...Help!!!!Can´t make Island

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:43 am

Hello,

I would love to make a video showing how to create an island in the ocean. However I am just leaving for South America on vacation. If someone does not enter here and explains how to create an island, I will do it when I return home. Sorry ...

Best Regards, Luis

gera

Post by gera » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Buen Viaje Luis, and enjoy your vacation to the outmost...I just came from France and Italy last week!!!

The Island can wait..........Thank you.

Gera

PS. I´ll let the cat die!!!! :lol:
gera

meshman

Post by meshman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 pm

gera wrote:I need my island so bad my cat is dying seeing me how my health is deteriorating due to this mishap!!!!!!
I'd help Gera, but I don't like cats... :twisted:

Couple things to remember about FSX. First, the whole planet is ground, with water areas drawn over the top. Second, the default has to be removed before you can replace it, most of the time.

Noting the above, the "island" is already there, you just have to expose the area. This means excluding the default water in the area and then reintroducing new water for the area, leaving exposed the ground area that makes up the island. Water exclusions take out big chunks. So I'd start by going to where your island would be and turning on the QMID grid, set it at level 11. That's how big an area a water exclusion is going to take out. If your island crosses the QMID boundary, you'll need multiple exclusions. Make the exclusions, add them to FSX, check the area and marvel at how much things dried up!

The next step is to add the water back into the sim. Yes, strange to remove so that we can add, but it's Microsoft, OK?. If your island is in a single QMID boundary you can do one of two methods to get things done. First, overlapping the surrounding QMID cells you make a big rectangle, tag it with the water to be applied (probably) ocean. Save, compile, add to FSX and make sure it's all water again in the area of the island. If so, within your big rectangle of water you're going to be making a polygon of the islands shape. When finished right-click and choose set as hole. SBX will propmt you for the "parent" polygon. That's the big rectangle you drew to add the water back in. You have to be verrry careful to click right on the edge of the big water polygon for it to be recognized. If it recognizes, you now have the basis for your island. Save, compile and check in FSX.

See how that goes, it *should* work! :mrgreen:
Lance

gera

Post by gera » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi Lance...
Believe it or not, I had not come around here since late August. Thank you for the detail explenation....let me sit on his for a day or so and I´l let you know how it turns out......Gracias Amigo!!! :mrgreen:

Gera