Exclude help

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
nickm36

Exclude help

Post by nickm36 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi, I've just started using S builder and it looks like a great program, I'm trying to create Bird Island in the Seychelles, but can't get the exclude polygon to work. I've made a polygon around the whole island selected exclude_all_terrain_items, and it is set as layer one. In FSX I can see parts of the island I created but the default island is also there. When I try to compile bgl it doesn't give me the option to tick 'exclude rectangles' and when I try and select 'all excludes' none are selected. Would be very grateful if you could tell me where I'm going wrong.
many thanks,

Nick M

meshman

Re: Exclude help

Post by meshman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:24 am

You're using the wrong exclusion technique, as what you're using removes scenery objects. There is a different process to change the terrain and it isn't always easy. You need to use the polygon tool to exclude the existing water surrounding the island. Then you'll have a great big square land area sitting in the water. The next step is to add water back in using a polygon(s) and a polygon hole cut in the water that is the new shape of your island.

The terrain making tutorial written by Luis Feliz Tirado should be available at Avsim and details some of the processes needed.
Lance

nickm36

Re: Exclude help

Post by nickm36 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:24 am

Hi Lance thanks for your help will give it a try,
Nick