SbuilderX 313 ini file error at startup

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
soulmaril

SbuilderX 313 ini file error at startup

Post by soulmaril » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 am

I got an error message whenever I try to start SbuilderX 313.

The message box says.

"Error in reading the ini file! ....delete the INI file....SbuilderX will stop now!"

I delete the file and restart Sbuilder and then it works fine. I could not fix the problem. Can anyone have a suggestion?

I am using Windows 7 RC 64 bit.

soulmaril

Re: SbuilderX 313 ini file error at startup

Post by soulmaril » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Dear Mr. Sa.

I think I found the problem.

in ini file there is a line
------------------------------------------------
[Polys]
PolyFILL=True
------------------------------------------------
when I change the "FILL" with "FiLL" or delete the entire line it opens without problem. But everytime Sbuilder re-overwrites the default value and I cant get a permemant fix.
It looks like a country setting problem. Although I am using my windows in english.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Hello,

There is in fact a problem with the internal handling of the parameter PolyFILL. During the reading of PolyFILL from the ini file, the parameter is (wrongly - a mistake made by me!) treated as PolyFill. These PolyFill and PolyFILL strings are used as key strings in dotNet collections. I could not reproduce the error that you report but I admit that, on some country settings, it could be a problem. I have generated a new EXE that you could try. It is exactly the same as the distribution one except for this bug. I would be grateful if you could try it:

http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilderx/SBuilderX313_a.zip

Best Regards,

Luis

soulmaril

Post by soulmaril » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:41 am

Thank you for the support. It is working now.