I am still working on my little bit of Alaska.

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Norry

I am still working on my little bit of Alaska.

Post by Norry » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:30 am

In the TmfViewer picture attached there is a shoreline in the FSX default scenery running north south along the 135 degree longitude which separates the Scenery blocks CVX1111 and 1211. I have successfully reshaped the coast on both sides along this channel but no matter what I try I just cannot get rid of that shoreline. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
TmfViewer 1111_1212.jpg
Shorelines of Scenery blocks CVX 1111 and 1112

luisfeliztirado

Re: I am still working on my little bit of Alaska.

Post by luisfeliztirado » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 pm

That seems to be a mistake in cvx1111 - you should be able to exclude that shoreline, and any other, by using an exclusion polygon. For a more complete explanation, see the tutorial, Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=100997

Best regards.
Luis

Norry

Re: I am still working on my little bit of Alaska.

Post by Norry » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:22 am

Thanks for your reply Luis, an exclusion polygon was the very first thing I tried, I then tried over writing it with a Hydro generic ocean poly, In desparation I tried an exclude, although I know that is for objects, I read and completed the the Island project in the tutorial several months ago, I am no expert but as I said in my previous post I have tried everything I know, so for the moment I am stuck with it.

Regards

Norry.