Missing shp2vec.exe from tools folder

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
ez2bme

Missing shp2vec.exe from tools folder

Post by ez2bme » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:14 am

When I go to start up SBuilder313, I get the message "Access to path 'c:\Program Files (x86)\sbuilderx313\tools\shp2vec.exe' is denied. Does anyone know where I can find this file or any other suggestion to help me solve my problem :?:
Thanks
Tom B.

meshman

Re: Missing shp2vec.exe from tools folder

Post by meshman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 am

Seriously? If it were me I would uninstall SBX and then reinstall outside of the \Program Files folder, both of them! This sounds like the typical Vista permissions problem that has plagued people since Vista's release. Sorry, rant off.

You could check where you have the SDKs installed and try manually copying the file over into the SBX \Tools folder and see if Vista is willing to let you do that. Sorry, still in rant mode. But manually doing it may work for you.
Lance

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 am

Hello,

I am no Vista expert but it seems that it has to do with permissions. Apparently executables (shp2vec.exe) on that folder need "manual" authorization to run (I assume the file is there! is it?). I would like to know what are the conclusions on this subject.

Best Regards, Luis

ez2bme

Post by ez2bme » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:10 am

I hate Vista too and thinking of changing it over to XP Pro, though it is a box computer that I bought from a store. When I installed the program the shp2vec.exe file was not there. I copied it from the Microsoft SDK folder though still with the same error message. I will uninstall both and then try again. Thanks Luis and meshman for both of your advices.
Tom B.

ez2bme

Post by ez2bme » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:35 am

Success, Meshman I uninstalled both and then installed them each in separate folders, did some searching for one small glitch and everything is working great. :lol:

If anyone is using VISTA 32 or 64, go into users accounts and turn off the permissions, though I am not responsible for any problems, it makes life easier not to have to ask for permission even if you are the account manager. :x

Tom B.