Loading old projects in X313 under Win 7 x64

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
hefy_jefy

Loading old projects in X313 under Win 7 x64

Post by hefy_jefy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi all,

I installed X313 a while back and it worked fine. I recently upgraded my operating system to Windows 7 (x64) and, after some initial problems was again able to get X313 running, at least I can create new projects and they work just fine but...

In order to get X313 running with Win 7 I needed to change the installation directory to C:\FltsimX\ instead of C:\Program Files\ - this solved a number of irritating problems (including being able to run resample.exe directly from the \Tools folder when making special photo.bgl files)

The only problem I have now is that I moved the entire working folder so now when I try to open the old project files (.SBP) they fail with an error message:

Unable to find assembly 'SBUILDER, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

This was an unexpected error etc etc...

Is there a way around this problem?

Geoff

Luis Sa

Re: Loading old projects in X313 under Win 7 x64

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:35 am

Hi Geof,

I may be wrong ... but an error like that only happens if the project makes some reference to maps. As you know maps, in SBuilderX, are files that reside in the disk. When I receive projects send to me by users (.SBP) I can open them if there are no maps in the projects.

So I wonder if you could recreate your old folder and place there the bitmaps that were read as maps. Then, with SBuilderX running in its new folder try to open the projects. If you are able to do that, just export the projects to a safe folder. Then you can open the exported projects with a Text Editor and make a "FIND AND CHANGE" to rename the "C:\Program Files\ " to "C:\FltsimX\". Then move the maps to the new folders.

I hope this helps, Luis

hefy_jefy

Re: Loading old projects in X313 under Win 7 x64

Post by hefy_jefy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Luis,
Thanks, yes indeed maps are involved, I can try your idea - part of the problem is that MS blocked access to the \Program Files folder which was where everything was stored in my original setup... I have spent quite a bit of time figuring out ways around that issue with several applications.

Will let you know if I am successful.

Geoff