Need Mentor for help with scenery

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
ez2bme

Need Mentor for help with scenery

Post by ez2bme » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:49 pm

I am having difficulty trying to get the project I am doing, Nanaimo Harbour, to work and would like to get someone to take a look at my .SBP file and see where I am going wrong. When I compile the work all I get is the photo scenery and nothing else even though I have added roads, bridges and a lake. If you could give me a hand I would be very appreciative. :P
Thanks,
Tom Brooks

meshman

Re: Need Mentor for help with scenery

Post by meshman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:48 pm

I don't believe you need help, just more understanding of the display priorities that FSX has. Any time you introduce photo textures they will have priority over vector based scenery, vector based scenery being the lines and polygons that SBX makes. I should add there are situations where photo work *would not* have priority, but that is at very low resolution levels.

Roads will be covered up, but that doesn't mean you can't still add traffic, as they are two different things to FSX. Your lake polygon won't show, but that doesn't mean you can't add water effects to show on the photo imagery. The SDKs and the forums for scenery design cover adding a water mask to the photo scenery that will give you the water effects normally seen in FSX.
Lance