Windows 7 and SBX313

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Norry

Windows 7 and SBX313

Post by Norry » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi all, I am migrating to Windows 7 and have had a few software issues one or two of these are with SBuilderX 313. The one I am currently wrestling with is the compile bgl function, I select all the elements to be compiled, Then I go to bgl compile and tick the "copy bgl files to bgl folder" but when I go to the chosen folder nothing has shown up. I have checked the path and the project name in the project properties window
I even checked the bgl file in the ini file. Has anyone got any ideas, It is probably something I have either done wrong or not done at all but at the moment I cant think what else to try.

All the best

Norry.

Luis Sa

Re: Windows 7 and SBX313

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Hello Norry,

I have no way to help you. I am still using XP :oops: . Hopefully someone knows what can be done!

Kind regards, Luis

hefy_jefy

Post by hefy_jefy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:15 am

Hi,

I am running SBX313 under windows 7 x64 - the trick is to install it NOT in the preferred location. C:\Program Files (x86)\ blah blah is a protected folder under Windows 7 and Vista.

I started out that way and had exactly the same problem - I guess resample.exe and the other tools try to write to their folders but can't (Maybe Win7 diverts the output to some deeply buried temporary folder - but I couldn't find it, usefully some of those folders are hidden!)

So I made a folder called FltSimX and installed all my tools there and so far everything seems OK. The only problem I had was projects that I moved to the new folder that had been created under WinXP and that had Photo Scenery - won't reopen - still trying to figure that out - but new projects are fine.

Geoff

arthur

Post by arthur » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:49 am

I have just purchased a new computer and installed Windows 7. I could not install Sbuilder. Your
suggestion to install in a different folder worked.Thankyou. However when I run Sbuilder I get two
windows ,one about files and one about paths. If I just accept with OK then Sbuilder opens and seems
to work, even with old projects.
Do you get the same?
A second question. I have installed some compiled bgl files of modified scenery from my previous
computer into FSX Addon Scenery, as before. The polygons for land and water are all there but
many of the roads and shore lines are missing. Strangely the traffic is there, but there are no roads.
I have checked that the exclusion folders are all in the right place as before. CAN YOU COMMENT?
My previous computer ran on VISTA32BIT. :?:

fleahead

Post by fleahead » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:02 pm

I have the same problem as Norry, only the bgl is being created in my specified folder, but is only 1k in size no matter what is compiled. It can't be viewed in FSX, so I presume it never compiled properly. Strangely I can compile Backround photo scenery and also object placement creates usable bgl's. I'll try the suggestions, though. I will say that the whole FSX experience is much better in Win7.

hefy_jefy

Post by hefy_jefy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:25 am

Hi All,

Not sure about the missing lines, if it helps, when I compile my projects I usually create a separate BGL for each type...

For example <projectname>_Lines.BGL and <projectname>_Polys.BGL I have always done it this way due to getting confused!

As for the folders setup in Win7 - attached is a screenshot of how things are setup on my system, I did have some earlier problems opening older projects if they contained photo maps but everything has been fine for some while now.

Indeed Win7 is a step in the right direction for FSX - it has given my system a new lease of life, I just wish MS would stop trying to protect me from myself!

Incidentally I have disabled just about every Win7 security feature (UAC "Never Notify" etc.) that I can...

Geoff
Attachments
Image1.jpg