Default scenery outside photo coastlines

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
G-RJWA

Default scenery outside photo coastlines

Post by G-RJWA » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:13 pm

I'm sure I'm going to get some flak for this, but the last tutorial I was pointed to on Avsim was a dead link. Problem is some default scenery poking through my photo coastlines.
I've tried excludes and holes before, but I either end up flattening the terrain mesh, or creating a massive chunk of land in the sea, and I cant seem to get a water poly over the top of it no matter what I do... I know I've gone wrong, and there's probably a tutorial out there somewhere, but if any of you fine people would be so kind as to give me a brief step-by-step on which polys to lay on top of which and what they should all be called, I'd very much appreciate it since my island is starting to look more and more like home with every little improvement.

Many thanks in advance.

Ryan

luisfeliztirado

Re: Default scenery outside photo coastlines

Post by luisfeliztirado » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for posting with a name - it is much more interesting to respond to real people, not pseudonyms.

As I mentioned in your previous post:

Please note that this will most likely result in the display of parts of the default coast as well, since it probably is not precisely aligned with the photo-real version, thus forcing you to do some vector work also. Or, you could create the Blend Mask with a certain amount of partially-transparent areas around the coast in order to obscure the default land.

Please read Make photo-real ground textures in Flight Simulator X that you can find in the Avsim library:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=112595

The link works for me - I just tried it. Sinply click on it and see.

Best regards.
Luis

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:59 am

Please accept my apologies. I mistakenly directed you to a tutorial at Avsim, but, while the description is there, the tutorial itself seems to have been lost during the recent hack.

I shall place it again in the library, along with all the others, just as soon as I can.

Addendum: The tutorial is once again available in the Avsim library at the following link:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=140539

Best regards.
Luis

G-RJWA

Post by G-RJWA » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Yea I've got it this time, and will read it with great interest.

Many thanks, as usual, for everyone's prompt help on my ongoing problems!

Truly a brilliant forum.

Ryan