Custom color/texture question

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
kcsamtab

Custom color/texture question

Post by kcsamtab » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:38 pm

I am looking at making some custom scenery objects like tennis courts and little league baseball fields and cant see any way to add the right color like the red clay tennis court texture/color. Is there a way to add new texture/colors? or will it have to be with another editing program? Thanks.

kcsamtab

Re: Custom color/texture question

Post by kcsamtab » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:57 pm

Question, when using the Textured Polygons and adding my own .bmp file the program advises:
Warning
format 32 bit
width 600 (not power of two)
height 600 (not power of two)
What is that about?

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:04 am

Flight Simulator textures must have certain dimensions and color depth.

Dimensions: All textures must have dimensions that are a power of 2, for example 256x256 pixels, 512x512 pixels, 1024x1024 pixels, 1024x512 pixels, etc.

Color depth: While 32-bit bitmaps are commonly (and probably wrongly) used for aircraft textures, they cannot be used for scenery objects, including textured polygons. Please try 24-bit bitmaps.

Best regards.
Luis

kcsamtab

Post by kcsamtab » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:00 am

Okay thanks. What is the "local scenery file" refered to when adding in my own gmax building texture and mdl file, is that the sbuilder scenery file or the fsx one? I get the 3d object showing up but the texture is missing.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:38 am

There are different ways to add scenery to Flight Simulator:

- place the bgl files in the Addon Scenery\scenery directory and the accompanying textures in the Addon Scenery\texture directory. No need to add the scenery in the FS Scenery Library since the Addon Scenery directory is already active.

- create your own scenery folder (local scenery folder) containing its own scenery and texture sub-folders where you place the scenery files. This local scenery folder can be anywhere you wish, although many people place it in the Addon Scenery folder. Declare the local scenery folder in the Scenery Library.

Best regards.
Luis

kcsamtab

Post by kcsamtab » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks so much, got the textures working and starting to add my own buildings to my town.