Problems when adding maps from disk.

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
TheOptimist

Problems when adding maps from disk.

Post by TheOptimist » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 pm

EDIT: THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.

Hi Luis. Thank you for your continuing support on an excellent product. Unfortunately I am having some problems that I cannot resolve. Would you be kind enough to help me?

I start a new project and call it 'Project 1.' I set the BGL folder as C:\Program Files\SBuilderX313\Tools\Work.

I then click 'go to position' and input the coordinates of the airfield. I then click 'show background' with the Virtual Earth Sever. No problems yet. At this stage my worstation looks like this;

I the click 'Add map' ----> 'From disk' and select a 24 bit BMP that I have saved. When I do this it says 'You may need to calibrate this bitmap!' I then rename it to 'Photo01' (it originally comes up with MAP00) so I have the window below. I then click OK and zoom in - and have the following image.

Please ignore the fact that it is not aligned/there are white parts (which I know will be landclass). I just want to get this working before I do anything else.

I then select the image I have just imported (so it has a green line around it) and I click the green compile button. I select the options shown in the image below and click 'Compile';

There is a quick flash (it looks like the window which shows you the progress of the compilation and in my work folder a file is made - Photo01.INF. There are no BGL's anywhere (and I did say that this was the folder I wanted them in.
Last edited by TheOptimist on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheOptimist

Re: Problems when adding maps from disk.

Post by TheOptimist » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 pm

I try a different approach - I right click on the selected image and choose 'Background,' as shown in the image below;

I then click 'Compile.' The processing window comes up;

But after it has finished I get this message;

FSX is definately closed. This is what is in my work folder afterwards;

I wonder if you can help me? Where am I going wrong? I should say that I can make scenery perfectly well from background images usually, it's just when I try to use something from my hard drive, i.e. use the 'add map from disk' option.

I hope I have explained my problem well enough. Thank you in advance for any help.

shedman51

Re: Problems when adding maps from disk.

Post by shedman51 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:00 am

I have found something similar if you are pointing to one of the season files and have a typo or you are pointing to the wrong folder. Try checking the spelling.