Sbuilder X does not open

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
sergioz

Sbuilder X does not open

Post by sergioz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Hello Guys,

I tried to install unsuccessfully Sbuilder X on my new PC with Windows 7.
I istalled FSX and FSX Sidekicks.
Installation process ends with a satisfactory note saying installation process was sussessful.
when I launch the program a window opens saying:
exception caught globally - Access to the path c:...sbuilder.ini is denied
I note the absence of the file .ini in the sbuilder folder
Anybody knows what I should do.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Attachments
ScreenHunter_007.jpg

gyrohead

Re: Sbuilder X does not open

Post by gyrohead » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Hello sergioz
I had the same problem. Go to the SBuilder folder and right click, change security permissions to give yourself full control. Then uncheck "read only" on the SBuilder folder properties.
I think SBuilder creates an ini file when it is first run (I could be wrong), and if it can't write to the folder it can't make one.
Regards
gyrohead

degt

Post by degt » Tue May 04, 2010 6:05 pm

It is because SBuilderX was built for Windows 95. If it was built for use in modern day operating systems it would NOT require you to have administrative rights to execute it. Simply because that is a bad programming practice.

Having said that you will have to install it on another directory that is not where your OS is, say D:\

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 am

Ignorance often leads to incorrect assumptions. SBuilderX was not in any way written for Windows 95 and it is rather silly to say so. It was written for Windows XP, which even today is the OS installed on more than 60% of the world's computers.

Best regards.
Luis