Raster landclass data, how to import it to SBuilderX

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Claviateur

Raster landclass data, how to import it to SBuilderX

Post by Claviateur » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi,

I got raster landclass data in .BIL format. I can open it in QGis for example and it looks like a greyscale landclass image, exactly like a raw format. But SbuilderX does not support the .BIL format.

Is there any way to convert the .BIL format to RAW, in order to create LC with SBuilderX?

Thanks
Michel

rhumbaflappy

Re: Raster landclass data, how to import it to SBuilderX

Post by rhumbaflappy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Michael.

The BIL format is probably already a raw 8-bit binary, so it should work as is. You could make a copy and change the extension to .raw

Dick
Dick

Claviateur

Post by Claviateur » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:40 am

Thanks for the info, I renamed the files to .raw, photoshop opens it ok although the grey tones are darker than what QGis displays.

However, SbuilderX gives me the options I captured below. and when I click ok I get an "error" message saying: "Index was outside the bounds of the arraw"... The BIL I renamed to raw has a size of : 600 x 600 pixels

Is there any option I need to mention to make it load in SbuilderX?

Thanks again
Michnel

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:44 pm

The program expects the data to be 257x257 pixels, and correspond exactly to the LOD5 bounds.

Dick
Dick