Adjusting airstrip contour

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Timber

Adjusting airstrip contour

Post by Timber » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:33 pm

First off I'm new at this scenery building. Using SBuilderX313 I managed to create an airstirp using an abandon strip by the Sol Duc Hot Springs in the Olympic Mountains. Kept it very basic with a small .ini file and one summer bmp. This strip is high on one end and has a number of gullys and small mounds in it. I would like to level them off a little if that's possible. Searched for tutorials and such to see if it's possible but am unable to find any good instructions.
Here's a couple of pictures.
GEWSD1.jpg
Google earth of abandon, was told it's at least 49 years old, airstrip by the springs.
OvrWSD1.jpg
Here's the airstrip designated WSD1

meshman

Re: Adjusting airstrip contour

Post by meshman » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:58 am

You can make an AirportBackgroundFlatten to match the photo area, then you can adjust the individual vertices to a height of your choosing. Flattens don't need to be flat, they can slope in many different ways.
Lance

Timber

Re: Adjusting airstrip contour

Post by Timber » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:35 am

Thank you Meshamn, Will work through it and hopefully level off some rank peaks and gullys.