Map Calibration Help!

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
macklinbob

Map Calibration Help!

Post by macklinbob » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Can anyone explain the procedure to calibrate a map. As soon as I enter the corner co-ordinates and click calibrate the map disappears.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.

macklinbob

Re: Map Calibration Help!

Post by macklinbob » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:39 pm

After HACKING on it for TWO DAYS I finally figured out how to calibrate a map!

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Hello Bob,

I am just curious as to the source of your problem.

Best regards.
Luis

macklinbob

Post by macklinbob » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:45 pm

My first problem was that when I put the co-ordinates from Google into the calibration the map disappered. I did not know about the "GO TO POINT" command.

It would be much better when calibrating a map that you would recenter on the calibration data.

I am now finding there that the FS map does not match the Google map. If I place an item using Google Earth co-ordinates the item is not where I expect it to be.

I would like to be able to work on the map from FS.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.

Cmte. Pena

Post by Cmte. Pena » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:24 pm

macklinbob wrote:My first problem was that when I put the co-ordinates from Google into the calibration the map disappered. I did not know about the "GO TO POINT" command.

It would be much better when calibrating a map that you would recenter on the calibration data.

I am now finding there that the FS map does not match the Google map. If I place an item using Google Earth co-ordinates the item is not where I expect it to be.

I would like to be able to work on the map from FS.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.
Hi Bob! Did you discover how to calibrate without using Google Earth coordinates?

I´m having the same problem!