I made a hole

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
donpay

I made a hole

Post by donpay » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 pm

OK, I am a newbie to this stuff so please be kind. :-)

My first experiment is to fix something in the default scenery at my local airport, KMEZ in Mena, Arkansas.

The standard autogen puts some tall trees right at the approach to rwy 27. So I make a vectored poly right there of type 4pts_AB_Exclude_AutoGen. It gets rid of the trees, alright, but I now have a deep hole on the end of the runway, exactly the size of the poly.

I tried playing with the altitude, but it did nothing.

Help!!

Don

meshman

Re: I made a hole

Post by meshman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Check to be certain that you made an AB_ExcludeAutogen and not an AB_Flatten_ExcludeAutogen. One takes an elevation parameter (flatten), the other does not. A normal polygon to exclude autogen does not need an elevation parameter.
Lance

donpay

Post by donpay » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:24 am

meshman wrote:Check to be certain that you made an AB_ExcludeAutogen and not an AB_Flatten_ExcludeAutogen. One takes an elevation parameter (flatten), the other does not. A normal polygon to exclude autogen does not need an elevation parameter.

At first, I did do the Flatten one, but changed it to the AB_ExcludeAutogen as one of my attemts to fix it.

Don

donpay

Post by donpay » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 am

OK. I figured it out. I had changed the BGL destination (to the FSX directory) and hadn't saved the project. So, when I brought it back up, and changed the type of the polygon, the BGLs weren't going to the right place.

FIxed it and now it's working. The trees are gone. Yeah!!!

Thanks.

Don