Compile Landclasses

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
jeanorwin

Compile Landclasses

Post by jeanorwin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:46 pm

G'Evening all of you,
I'm recently trying to add landclasses in FSX. It's not a problem with ADE, and it works perfectly in there, but the problem is that it's pretty difficult to get a satellite image in there(The whole thing is just 100x easier in SBX). Now the problem is, if I want to compile the Polygons I have set with the landclass in it, I'm unable to hit the "Land Class"-Button. The only button I can (de-)activate is Terrain Vector. In case you wonder, I've already read myself through several tutorials and it'd be great if you could give me a hint :)

Thanks!

meshman

Re: Compile Landclasses

Post by meshman » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Making land classification files is a different process than drawing polygons that contain a particular land classification. Land class files are setup on a grid format and place 1.2km tiles at the grid intersections, polygons outlining a particular texture set are freeform. If you are making polygons then when you go to compile you Select All Polygons and Hit the compile button.
Lance

jeanorwin

Post by jeanorwin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 am

Okay, thanks for clearing that issue up :) - The problem I still have is that I still can't select the button in the compile-window. The only button I can select is the "Terrain Vector" one.

EDIT: I was just having a look at the BGL Compilation window, there is no "All Polys" option, only a "textured polys" one.

EDIT2: I don't know what I did right this time, but it works now. Thanks anyways xD

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:41 pm

As Lance wrote, polygons are vector terrain, not land class. Land class is assigned in a different manner and does not require drawing polygons.

If drawing polygons (which can have a land class value displayed in them, but this is still not land class), then simply:

- in the Select menu, choose All Polygons;
- click on the Compile tool (the green arrow);
- in the Compilation window, click on OK.
- That is all!

A bgl is created containing the polygons - activate in the FS scenery library as usual.

Best regards.
Luis