Can't compile polygons etc

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Bankie

Can't compile polygons etc

Post by Bankie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi, I'm new to this but am quite technical and have spent a number of hours with SBuilderX.

I am able to place objects (I've created a windfarm, added lighthouses, etc), but any kind of polygons just don't work (i.e. there is no effect). When I tried to create a project with only a polygon of type Hydro_Generic_Lake_Perennial and compiled, NO FILES WERE CREATED. As soon as I add an object, the BGL is generated, but the XML only shows info regarding the object - not the polygon. I've tried various exclusion types, etc, but none have any effect. The folder I'm placing my BGLs into is top of the list in the Scenery Library within FSX. I've checked the FSX Settings in SBuilderX, and these look ok, the tools correctly contained within my C:\SBuilderX313\Tools\ folder.

Has anyone had this issue before? Am I missing something obvious? I would be really grateful for any suggestions or a push in the right direction.

rhumbaflappy

Re: Can't compile polygons etc

Post by rhumbaflappy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:48 am

It would help if you could post an exported SBX file ( as a zipped file ). Then others could examine the problem on their own computers.

Dick
Dick

Bankie

Post by Bankie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Exported to SBX, zipped and attached. Thanks to anyone who takes a look.
Attachments
projHills.zip
Windmills work; the lake doesn't (zipped SBX)
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 1224 times

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 am

Hello,

I installed SBuilderX313 (had none in this computer). Then unzip your SBX file. Then Run SBuilderX, create new project, set a BGL folder to point to a new/empty/fresh folder, import your SBX, select all, compile (checking the box to copy the BGL files to the Scenery folder). Then went to the scnery folder and 2 BGL files were there: the objects file and the terrain file.

I did not check how it looks in FSX as I have not it fully operative in this computer.

Kind Regards, Luis

Bankie

Post by Bankie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Thanks so much. I didn't realise that 2 BGLs were being created (I just picked up the one from the Tools folder, not realising there was one in the shapes folder). I've changed my scenery folder out of the FSX structure now to save me from grief so that I can copy the BGLs automatically. So, all working now, though the lake is just a big hole because I forgot to set the altitude, but that's easily fixed.

I'm rockin' now, so thanks again!