Problem: Exporting BGL custom library

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Poyares

Problem: Exporting BGL custom library

Post by Poyares » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi everyody! Well, after I create a box in 3dsmax, exporting it to x, convert to mdl and make a bgl library with this (using a tool called library creator xml from Arno Gerretsen), I finally add this bgl to a library in SbuilderX (objects lib manager). Then I place the objects with object tool and compile the bgl (I have a background satelite photo to place correctly all the objects). The bgl calls the right GUID, the same I put in 3dsmax 9. Then I compile and put the scenery bgl file in addon scenery/scenery (folder). I just enter fsx to check it out and the objects (boxes) doesn't appear in the location I put. I also put the scenery complexity to extremely dense...

Can someone help me? Cheers, Poyares :D

meshman

Re: Problem: Exporting BGL custom library

Post by meshman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:50 pm

I believe there's a hang up between the MDL step and the library BGL step, but don't have enough info to really know.

When you compiled the MDL file was it with XtoMdl or MakeMDL? SBuilderX will allow you to work with the MDL file for placement, have you tried that method to see if it shows?
Lance