tiff

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Kevboy

tiff

Post by Kevboy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:25 pm

HI all first post here, just learning how to use SBulderx.
Question.
I want to edit a photo image of the ground that an airport once was on and now has a lot of houses on. I can get the image for normal source and make it into photo scenery, but I need to edit it in paint shop before it turns ito BGL. I have one tiff saved and would like it to be much smaller with that white see through blend edge so I only get the field its self if poss.
So can I get my edited tiff backwards into SBuilderX so it can be changed into a bgl ?
Kevboy.

meshman

Re: tiff

Post by meshman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:27 pm

The image you want to edit didn't get generated by SBX, since it's a TIFF file? Is it a TIFF or a GeoTiff file?
Lance

Kevboy

Post by Kevboy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 am

Sorry you are correct its is a geotiff.
Kevboy.

meshman

Post by meshman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:37 pm

See this thread that deals with the geodata of a GeoTiff file;

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1995

Depending what tools you have available to extract the upper left and lower right coordinates, you can then make the TXT file that SBX uses to place it's Maps. This would allow you to take the GeoTiff (make a backup first!) into an image editor, do what you want and then save it as a 24-bit BMP file. With you BMP file and the TXT file that you made you could then use SBX to import the Map from disk. You MUST make sure that the file naming for the BMP file and TXT file are the same, except for the file extension, of course.
Lance