obstacles in sbuilder

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
mvivek

obstacles in sbuilder

Post by mvivek » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi,
I have two questions.

1. I would like to create an obstacle (electric poles and wires connecting them) by sbuilderx and use it in FSX. How can I generate them in Sbuilder.
Also , I would like to know whether the same can be exported in shape file format. :?:

2. When tried to compile the object WIND_GENERATOR in sbuilder, The below error is reported by SCASM.

Error in macro file C:\FlightSimX\API\WIND_GENERATOR.API line 28
-> Jump( :next@ )
-> unknown command
Error in macro file C:\FlightSimX\API\WIND_GENERATOR.API line 44
-> Return
-> unknown command
Error in macro file C:\FlightSimX\API\WIND_GENERATOR.API line 51
-> Return
-> unknown command
Scasm compilation status: error(s) 3

Please guide how to get this fixed

meshman

Re: obstacles in sbuilder

Post by meshman » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Working backwards here;

#2 - There is a FSX compiled wind generator available at FS Developer that should work better than the old macro code. Check the Downloads section. Can be easily used in SBX.

#1 - The electric poles could "possible" be set up as an autogen vector line object, but they need to be modeled and then there is a lot of detailed work to get them properly structured so that FSX could use them.

Electric poles with wires running between them is a whole different thing. I really see these as objects made with Gmax or FSDS and the wire would be separate models, all of various (?) lengths. FSX has no inherent ability to calculate dynamic wire lengths between poles or rotational adjustments. Having the poles and separate wires as place-able objects looks to be the best solution at first thought.
Lance

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:35 am

Hello,

The error with the macro is because you are not using StartArea and EndArea. See the video tutorial in this site:

http://www.ptsim.com/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=66

You could make a Textured Line of type Standing. The texture would be transparent and would have painted the posts and the cables. As a big FLAT fence.

Regards, Luis

mvivek

Post by mvivek » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Luis,
I am able to compile the macros now.Thanks for that.
But when i place the generated bgl files in scenery folder, I couldnt see that in fsx simulator. I added macros for seattle tacoma airport. Am i doing something wrong here. I have attached the project, for reference. PLs guide.

Regards,
Vivek
Attachments
macro-probs.zip
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 1230 times

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello,

In addition to the generated BGL file, you need to copy into the scenery folder the BGL library file that the macro needs. The name of the file appears on the macro picture (PT??.BGL). You can find it in the scenery folder that SBuilderX creates when it is installed.

Hope that solves the problem.

Kind Regards, Luis

mvivek

Post by mvivek » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Luis,
Thanks, that worked.
But for the transmission lines, that is, Textured Line of type Standing did not work. iT is giving an error
Can you please guide in detail how to get the electric lines at some height.

Hi Meshman, Thanks for the information. I will also see the fs developer and how to use it.

Thanks,
Vivek