Help needed calibrating a map from disk precisely!

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
dynamo

Help needed calibrating a map from disk precisely!

Post by dynamo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:35 pm

I’ve a problem precisely calibrating a map from disk. Although I have managed to create a large and complex photoscenery Bgl of a peninsula it does require to be manipulated & manoeuvred a bit to fit perfectly into FSX.

And that is where I have run into difficulties. Having taken precise coordinates of the four N.W,S & E points the map refuses to obey the newly inserted coordinates in the calibration box.

One of two things occurs. Either a window appears saying, ‘Cannot display maps! Map view was turned OFF!’ Whereby the map disappears. Or secondly the map simply refuses to comply with the inserted coordinates and reverts to a different size. The source image is a 24bit bmp.

The area size is about 25 x 10 miles.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Luis Sa

Re: Help needed calibrating a map from disk precisely!

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:16 pm

Hello,

I do not know the resolution but it seems a very large image. SBuilderX is not adequate to process very large images that take too much memory. If I was you I would use resample directly. In order to create the INF files I could use SBuilderX (as an alternative to a hand calculator) by using images with the half (or quater) of the pixels in both the NS and WE directions, Then I would change the INF parameters when working with the full images.

Merry Christmas,

Luis

meshman

Post by meshman » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:56 am

Totally off-topic...

Luis,

Have a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year be a good one for you and your family.

And if the other Luis happens to pass through, may I also offer to you the same best wishes!

Lance
Lance

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:12 pm

And a very Merry Christmas to you, as well, Lance, and all my best wishes to you and everyone here for the New Year.

Best regards.
Luis

dynamo

Post by dynamo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks very much for your help Luis! Happy new year to you.