Getting a Map??

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
macklinbob

Getting a Map??

Post by macklinbob » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:26 pm

How do you get a map now. It looks like both Google and Yahoo have made it difficult if not impossible to make a copy of a map other than printing it and scanning it.

And then it really doe not come out good for me!

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.

luisfeliztirado

Re: Getting a Map??

Post by luisfeliztirado » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Hello Bob,

Do you mean an aerial image using the image servers, or the Yahoo Maps feature? They both seem to be working fine for me.
yahoo maps.jpg

Perhaps you need to update the Google server dll. If so, please see the topic pinned at the top of this forum to download Dick Ludowise's revised dll files.

Best regards.
Luis

macklinbob

Post by macklinbob » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 pm

My problem was in trying to copy the map. On Google you can't do it. Yahoo does it in pieces.

I finally used SNAGIT to get the map.

My problem now is the calibrate dialog does not take decimal degrees. I have to manually convert decimal degrees to DMS.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello,

If you get the maps from these 2 web pages referred to here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18767

you will get the 4 borders (2 lat and 2 lon) of the map that you use to "calibrate" the bitmap. If you are using Firefox, get the ScreenGrab extra to grab images that are "greater than" the browser window.

Regards, Luis