Another water/land issue

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Larry_R

Another water/land issue

Post by Larry_R » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 pm

I'm new to all this, so I hope you will forgive me if this issue has been addressed recently.
I have been making a few marinas to enhance my Orbx PNW Blue. I've made photoscenery for these places as a guide to placing autogen, as well as for the background itself. I've also been able to make AB_Flatten CVX files that generally do what I intended.

However, where my photoscenery slightly overlaps the underlying water texture of PNW Blue (where it's not perfectly accurate), I've been unable to elevate that area to that of the rest of the area. It stays at sea level, and wave effects wash over the photo image. Like it's flooding. :) I've tried using another poly set at water level abutting the CVX for the marinas, and setting the slope, but it seems to have no effect.

Any help greatly appreciated.

My goal is to create a seawall effect, where the land drops say 1.5 to 2 meters directly to sea level. So far no luck

Thanks,

Larry

luisfeliztirado

Re: Another water/land issue

Post by luisfeliztirado » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:59 pm

Hello Larry,

Unfortunately, things are not so easy, particularly concerning photo-real islands. The problem is that the default water has an altitude (sea level, of course, 0 meters) and any image overlaid on it will have that altitude. The only way to get rid of that sea level altitude is to exclude the default water. But, then, you will have to redraw the entire island and surrounding water in the same format as the default (vector scenery) just so that your photo-real scenery will have sloping coasts.

Please see Make photo-real ground textures in Flight Simulator X
available in the Avsim library
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=140539
for an illustrated explanation of this problem,

and also see
Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?&DLID=141643
to see how to change the default vector scenery.

Best regards.
Luis